Sunday 22 June 2014

3 Personality Traits I am Proud Of |Day 6

'Personality', that complex combination of a persons 'traits' or characteristics that reflect in there behavior,something which is beyond a persons outlook and more close to how a person reacts in a variety of situations with that combination of traits which he/she is subjected to.To each his own!
Well I know this definition may not 'fit' the layman perception of 'personality',however being a student of a behavioral science like Psychology myself,I could not help but put that in a simpler manner than that. :)
Coming to what I just listed above, 'to each his own', we do understand that there is something called 'individual differences' and that's what a personality is all about.That is the only aspect by which 'me' and 'you' are distinct in our very own way :). Each one of us have a number of personality traits some of which we ourselves like and some which we are embarrassed to hold,today we are going to talk of the former. Those of our 'prominent' personality traits that depict our personality clearly. The three that I proudly own are...

1.Assertiveness
An absolutely essential yet often unnoticed 'trait' which I am proud that I own is being assertive.The most easiest manner in which I can put this is 'your ability to politely say no to someone'. Yes that is what it stands for me. To be able to put your point forward without neglecting it's consequences on yourself or the other.There's a thin line between being assertive and aggressive or dominant and if you refute that then the purpose of holding it gets totally defeated.In this era of moving forward when everybody demands a 'comfy living style' this seems to be really important.Believe me that...

 And I am proud that I do not settle for anything less :)

2.Being 'Non Judgmental'
This now,is really something.I am not in the lieu of saying that I 'completely' own it,but I am really proud that I have nurtured this aspect of me.Proud that I am at least trying to fulfill it to the extent that I can.Being socialized in a country like India,which is home to such a diverse population I take courage in saying that I try and respect individual differences that I try and inculcate the same amongst those around me.We all here above any thing else are 'humans',so let's not  forget that and blindly run behind those umpteen cultures, castes, religions, creeds, sexes, genders, careers or classes that we might belong to and try and impose it on someone. THIS is sad,it really is.And I really feel strongly about it.It reminds me of what Rumi once said...

So just try and see the 'uniqueness' each of us is subjected to. Be strong enough to accept the choices others hold along with your own, because mind you individuals are meant to be different, it's just clones who are similar.
3.Determination
Well this like the former two though cannot be 'inculcated' much but is something that comes from 'within',and I am glad to have it in exceedingly well amounts in me (very humbly though). This aspect lets me reach those 'dreams' which I would not have otherwise been able to fulfill had it not been my own will power. It flows in my genes,so to say :). I've always seen a struggling yet a happy father, a sacrificing but a perfect mother, a supportive though a struggling sister and a  younger but a hardworking brother. Without a frown on any of those faces they manage to give it all they have and that makes me do the same. Two words called 'give up' are non existent in my dictionary, thankfully I have never been brought up in a fashion to just 'let' things go without working for them,to be a looser in your own eyes . I truly believe that if YOU think YOU can then YOU WILL. It is that parameter that makes it all up for the 'normal every day girl intellect' that I possess.The only thing that I've always followed and had faith in is that...

The only message that I mean to put across by the above self disclosure that I've just done is not to aim for or grab any 'attention' or sound 'boastful' but to make those few of you that might be reading this post by any chance,to realize that everybody is 'gifted',all of us knowingly or unknowingly have it in us,it's just about Identifying that spark and then spreading that light across.Though the only difference you and I might be sharing is that I have been lucky enough to unfold those :) I hope you see them in yourselves too.
#Discover #Unleashyourpotential #Itsallwithin :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Psychologists Heal?

HOW HEALING HAPPENS IN MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS? The last few months have given everyone a chance to self-introspect. People have not onl...