Monday 6 October 2014

Best thing that Eva Happened To Me!

There are some things in life that change you as never before,that help you come out of your cocoon and see that the world is a beautiful place to be in. Those things that bring out the best in you and leave a mark upon your life so much so that it reflects in your personality. It reflects in the kind of a person you are. Yes I am talking of something that intense and that impactful. Every one would have or if not will for sure once come about such a phase in their life that makes them realize a little bit of their own self. I am fortunate to have had one such enriching experience so early in my life. It was 9th September 2012, at around 8 o'clock in the morning, when I was waiting for my induction into one amazing Organization called 'AIESEC In Chandigarh'. It had all begun from there on,I mean that life changing experience, but the spell had been casted much before. One fine afternoon, in a very jazzy Cafe', I was called for my final interview with the President of the Local Chapter,as any amateur I had my own preconceptions of that interview,but believe me or not those 2 lines during my interview made me change the way I thought then and the way I think now. Which were,"Who are you? And why are you here?" As an idiot I started blurting out things that we are made to Ratta-fy (mug up) while giving our bio,but that wasn't what the question demanded,it's now that I understand that. That deep insight which that young fella had then wanted me to gain, still somehow seems to revolve in my head all the time. When I told him this later,he smiled and said,'that's what it was meant to do to you". ;) I had no idea then of what I was getting into,but just that it's some big Organization that will provide me with a good enough experience to add onto my CV and nothing else. My induction happened and I got recruited into one of the most smartest department of the Local Chapter,that I then did not realize and still dissatisfied with it I thought that I won't be sticking long into the Organization and would leave it in a month or so,making one or the other lame excuse (which of course later on never happened). There were certain people in the Organization that had got me inducted and when they heard that I wanted to leave they made sure I didn't,they made sure that I stuck to it longer and had my own experience.I can never thank them enough.They made sure I stayed not by making any fake promises about the kind of learning's that they will impart me but by giving me those life long learning's for real. I started realizing slowly and steadily the essence of the Organization, learning about there culture (which is thee most coolest aspect of it) and knowing of stories of different alumnus of the Organization. Thinking that,maybe I don't fit in here because these people are way too cool for me. It was then that someone in the Local Chapter told me, that it's not that we are cool and you are not, it's just that we have discovered our true selves and you are still figuring out,once you are done, you will be way more cooler that what we are :) And then there was no looking back, I worked crazy,had mad fun,met amazing individuals,went on some very amazing meetings and made my own story, a one I would never want to forget and a one that made me realize a little bit of 'me'. From a girl who could never gather the confidence to voice out her opinion in front of 5 people, who was not-so-very social,who was abashed about the kind of personality that she carried, to a one who can hold herself with aplomb, has friends in various parts of the world and can easily reach out to hundreds of people,I owe it all to AIESEC.That's what it has done to me and I am truly proud of it.


 #AIESEC #Love #Ajourneytolookback #Empowered

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Psychologists Heal?

HOW HEALING HAPPENS IN MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS? The last few months have given everyone a chance to self-introspect. People have not onl...