Tuesday 21 February 2017

The Unprecedented!


Lately, I hung around with a bunch of teens, asking them about their mental health and the problems they face day in and out while they have just entered their teenage? Also how they deal with the social pressure combined with the academic stress that dawns upon them and still appear to be absolutely healthy? They answered, that it does disturb them and rattle them from their calm sometimes but they just manage. Perhaps, my question did ring a bell in one of those teens who questioned me back very politely, 'Mam while you were a teen how did you manage?'. I laughed, secretly thinking that I should humblebrag about it, but then I dropped the idea, looking at the innocent young boy's face who was seeking an honest answer. I said, in our times (although not that long back, but yeah quite some years ago) these issues were considered what we now consider as the 'first world problems' and he laughed. But seriously,not being able to manage problems of  our 'teenage' or maybe academics were not expected to be real problems in those times. It was rather considered to be histrionic. Not only our parents but friends, relatives and acquaintances believed that there was much more to life than to think of these meager issues. Recently though, these 'first world problems' have befitted to become the 'third world problems'! At least, that's what I've come to realize. And its not surprising at all. Intellectual health is stirring a storm among the masses in the recent times. People are becoming touchy of issues that din't bother them at all in the days bygone or it's just that they are becoming more mindful and expressive about their conceptual head-space. Which one is more suitable however is for you to decide and for me to ponder. It often intrigues me of how individuals have evolved over these years. And if it is for the better? These answers would take light years to become vivid though. Nevertheless, it is amazing how people are being outspoken about issues that affect them and that are unacceptable to them, irrespective of the irony of becoming an outlier. It's okay even if they are doing it for the sake of it. At least someone is taking a chance, which is great.
Some paths tread to nowhere absolutely, while some lead to places unforeseen. But the beauty lies in exploring the unprecedented. This is a strong schema I've always held in my head-space. Ironically though, being an 'outlier' is the new 'in', yet it has always been exhilarating for me to tread unacceptable paths. Wouldn't however be right to label it as a 'rebel' but surely I am insurgent of the fact's I don't believe in. Some aspects of life need to looked upon from a third person perspective and only then can they appear to be more rational. If all of us (including me) try and be objective of the situation and be intelligent enough to separate the person from the circumstance, then it might I believe sort out a lot cooking within ourselves and beyond.


'Cause some path's are meant to be hidden but some paths must be traveled to experience the beauty that lies ahead!'
#justsaying #2017vibes #bemindful #butnotjudgmental

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Psychologists Heal?

HOW HEALING HAPPENS IN MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS? The last few months have given everyone a chance to self-introspect. People have not onl...